Connect with space. The vast Himalayan landscape, breathe clear fresh cleansing air and give yourself a break from your daily routines to take part in a holistic pilgrimage through the inspiring Himalayas.
Experience the eye opening wonder of the stunning views and scenery, yoga, immersion into a traditional Sherpa way of life which is still very much steeped in Tibetan Buddhism and a lot of time to relax, reflect, learn and experience.
This experience is very much about mindfulness and retreat. If you’ve always dreamed of discovering symbiosis with nature and life, then following this path will be the right choice. Among the mountains and valleys you will experience an interaction with people who live in the villages where Moving Mountains have been working for many years, and learn about the Buddhist way of life from the local Sherpa people and their Lamas. Trekking in the Himalayas, you can find your inner self and open your mind to this beautiful traditional part of the world.
The trek comes across various villages, overlooks valleys and rivers, and takes a glimpse at curious yaks, working farmers and playing children. Upon your arrival at the villages of Bupsa and Bumburi where our charity has built two monasteries, friendly villagers will welcome you to their homes and community. The yoga and meditation classes, as well as connecting with the Moving Mountains projects in this area, are an opportunity to experience conscious tourism; it offers great experiences, by taking care of your well-being and spiritual prosperity as much as this trip will be contributing to sustaining local communities.
This holiday is arranged by the Alternative Adventure. You will be accompanied by experienced Sherpa guides and Yoga & Meditation Facilitator, Jessica Brookes. Jessica will guide you into spaces of stillness to bring about a deeper awareness and connection. A world traveller herself, she encourages you to explore within; to reveal and empower you on your journey of self discovery. During this holiday she will provide a daily yoga and meditation program bringing ancient practices of the East such as Tibetan Singing Bowl Sound Baths, Mantra and a gentle Hatha Yoga Practice to nourish your mind, body and soul.
With comfortable accommodation, delicious local food and English speaking staff, this is a chance to get off the busy trail and experience something very unique and special in the breath-taking backdrop of the Himalayas.
THE HIMALAYAN YOGA RETREAT COST - £1995 with an introductory offer of £1695 (15% discount until January 5, 2018)
*8 people is the minimum sized group for the trip to run
- Experienced, professional English speaking local guides throughout the journey and British Yoga & Meditation Facilitator, Jessica Brookes
- Daily morning Yoga in the Himalayas (10 classes)
- Evening meditations including Restorative Singing Bowl Sound Baths, Kundalini meditation and Mantras with Jessica Brookes (11 classes)
- Dharma and cultural immersion experiences with Tibetan Buddhist Lama and the local villagers in the communities we visit.
- Accommodation throughout the mountain ranges provided in lodges, tea houses and home-stays in the mountains
- All meals with a hot drink (not including bottled water) throughout the trek and in the villages
- Guidance and experiences with Tibetan Lama in the village
- All airport transfers in Nepal
- Flights from Kathmandu to Phaplu and Lukla to Kathmandu
- International return airfare to Nepal
- Nepalese Visa ($40 for 30 days)
- Personal travel insurance (~ £60)
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (~ £15 - £25pp/n) - we can book this for you. Click here for details
- Meals and drinks in Kathmandu (~ £40)
- Personal spending for tips, souvenirs, bottled water, tourist activities, lunches and dinners in Kathmandu
- Therapeutic massage and Reiki with Jessica Brookes
- Kathmandu tour - there are many different choices. Our staff on the ground will assist and help organise this for you based on your preferences
MORE INFO available here